Prostatitis is the inflammation of the prostate gland. It accounts for in excess of 2 million urology clinic visits every year in the USA alone, but only 10 percent of cases are readily attributable to a bacterial cause and respond to regular antibiotic therapy. On the other hand, the causes, pathology, and ideal treatment for the remaining 90 percent of prostatitis cases, remain unclear. It has only lately begun to be researched more carefully.
What are the causes of prostatitis?
As said earlier, a small percentage of prostatitis cases are caused by common strains of bacteria. Men who suffer from chronic prostatitis usually experience pain even when there is no evidence of inflammation. In most cases of prostatitis, the causative factor is never determined, but experts believe that it is because muscles around the pelvic and bladder areas don't perform optimally. Some experts are also of the opinion that chronic prostatitis can be caused by an injury to the prostate or surrounding areas or a dysfunction of the nervous, or immune system. If you searching for treatment options of Prostatitis, visit this link: www.cureprostatitis.org
What are the risk factors of prostatitis?
Prostatitis could affect men from different age groups. Approximately 50 percent of all guys go through prostatitis-like symptoms at least once in their lives. Prostatitis can happen after a bladder or urethral infection or a pelvic trauma, such as an injury from cycling or riding horses. You can also have a higher risk of suffering from prostatitis if you are not taking in ample fluids or if you are having unprotected sexual intercourse. Extended use of a urinary catheter may also raise one’s risk of having this problem. Stress is also believed to contribute to increased prostatitis risk as are some inherited characteristics.
What are the complications?
Two of the most worrisome complications of bacterial prostatitis are problems in semen and infertility. Also, while there is no direct evidence that prostatitis can cause cancer, it can increase PSA levels. In addition, it may lead to chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
What are the treatment options for prostatitis?
Generally, the treatment will depend on cause. An antibiotic is utilized to cure prostatitis caused by an infection. Pain medications may also be used and for severe cases, surgical removal of infected portions of the prostate may be recommended. Non-bacterial prostatitis is managed through a multidisciplinary approach which incorporates exercise, progressive relaxation and counseling.
A prostatitis treatment that is growing in popularity the 3D treatment and its effectiveness is due to three crucial factors, specifically, rigorous and appropriate testing, direct injection of antibiotics into the affected area, and decalcification of clogged passageways.